Monday, September 8, 2008

Weekend stuff

It's funny how as the seasons change, your outlook on life changes. I know, a pretty deep sentence to start off a blog post right. Don't worry, that's as intense as I'll get. The way my brain works is, as soon as snow starts to melt I'm super happy thinking about the fun times summer will bring. Then when summer is coming to a close, and it's getting to zero at night .. I'm thinking about how snow could fall at anytime, which makes me a little depressed!!! That's the weird thing too, because I like winter!!

Anyway, the reason I wanted to talk about that was Great Plains College had their Outdoor Movie Friday night that ended up being moved inside due to it being frickin freezing!!! On the way in to the college gym all I could think was "it's nice enough to have this outside!" But on the way out 3 hours later, all I could think was " I am glad that was indoors!" Maybe I'm just a sissy.

All in all the movie night was a great time!! A huge screen, a big sound system, the Incredible Hulk playing, cheap food stand, and your own chairs to sit on!! It was great!! I didn't high five the team at the Great Plains College but I should of because they organized a great event that was a lot of fun for a Friday night!! I can only imagine what all the little kids there were thinking! I mean, I thought it was super fun, and I'm 24!!

After the first Incredible Hulk they put out, I was a little skeptic for the second. I mean come on!!! It was terrible ... brutal acting, pretty bad special effects for a major movie release, and the acting was horrific!! Did I mention that the acting was terrible? Horrendous acting.

The deciding factor on whether or not this movie was going to be worth watching ... was Edward Norton signing on to be the Hulk. He's a great actor ... I mean look at the movies he's been in ... Fight Club, Rounders, The Illusionist, the Italian job, American History X ... I'm glad there will be another one ... not to ruin the movie for you but we could see the Avengers movie real quick!

To wrap up this never ending geeky blog post, it was a great night, and thanks to the Great Plains College for putting it on!! Can't wait for the next one!!

No comments: