Monday, September 15, 2008

Gas

146.9. Are you kidding me?

Friday, I literally had to cop out of work early, just so I could get to the Canadian Tire to fill up at 135.9. It's always the last place in the city to move their prices up. Then, I went around bragging about how I just filled up my car in time for 135.9! About half way through the day I caught myself talking about how awesome I was because I filled up for 135.9, and realized how big of a loser I was. 135.9 is not a good price for gas. Its still about .50 cents a litre more than what I really want to be paying. It's the little game that gas companies like to play with us ... they put the prices up ridiculously high, than drop them just a little bit to make us think gas is at a good price again. You hear people saying ... "well its a lot better than what it was at a week ago!" WAKE UP!! Gas is way to expensive!! If I hear someone say that line next week when they drop gas prices closer to 135.9, I'm probably going to knock them out.

I did figure out how much money I saved by getting gas before they hiked up the price ... again. It came out to about $5.20. Can you imagine how much money that makes oil companies ... imagine the average vehicle each paying five dollars more to fill up ... 5 dollars times millions of vehicles .... I'm not good at math but that's a ton of money.

Now that I'm done complaining about gas ... I'll say this. It doesn't matter how high gas prices go, I will always buy it. There will be other things in my life I will cut out to afford gas. Everyone needs it, and we would be screwed if we didn't have it. So stop complaining.

*******

On a totally different note ... Metallica came out with their new album Friday. It's good.

No comments: