Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Gym

I make it to the gym 5 or 6 times a week. It takes all the energy I have just to drag my ass off the couch to go, but I usually get there. Yeah sure, I do the whole gym thing to stay in shape, but lately, I think I go to the gym just to get feed back on The Eagle! Being an employee of the radio station, sometimes its hard to tell if you're creating a good product ... some would say you get numb to what you're putting out there, which is why I love hearing any type of feedback. Whether its really good, or a " Your radio station sucks!" All of it is welcome ... the one ups your self esteem and gives you an ego, while the other makes you angry and chops you down a couple pegs.

Lately, Rob has been giving me a lot of feedback on the radio station. Most will know Rob to see him ... he's pretty hard to miss. He's probably the strongest man I've ever met! The other day he was lifting so much weight, the machine couldn't hold any more plates! He's a large man ... which is funny, his nickname is Tiny. Anyway, from what he tells me ... he just started driving a truck that can get the radio station and he really enjoys it. One day he commented on a bit we did where I told Jon I was going to knock him out ... then proceeded to tell one of our callers I was going to knock him out for not voting. Rob told me the reason I wanted to knock everyone out, was because of all the weights I've been lifting at the gym ... its not true, but it was a funny comment.

Last night, he had a question for me. "Chance, what's the deal with that new sexy voice you have on the radio station introducing the newer music?" After explaining to him what that was all about he finally got it ... " Ohhh, you want more single guys to listen don't you!!? "

Those kind of talks are great ... I love that about the gym. Something else I really like ... when people think you have a crappy morning show ... and then they meet you. It seems the more people I can meet in the community, the more they seem to enjoy the show. It has to do with putting a face to the voice I think. It's kind of cool to say, "hear that guy on the radio, I know him." I'm not trying to say I'm a celebrity or anything because I know that's not true, but it's just because you hear that voice on the radio station that it seems kinda cool.

Its great when the good comments come more frequently than the bad, but we definitely get the bad. We have a guy that always calls in when he knows no one will answer the phone .. then he proceeds to tear a strip off of Jon. We call him "The Hater". The last message he left, he even beaked me, which is weird because he usually just rips on Jon. I don't mind criticism, but grow a set buddy .... if you want to talk trash like that .... call when you know we'll answer.

No comments: