Monday, July 28, 2008

Back from Holidays

Holidays were a pretty good time this year. Kid Rock, Batman - The Dark Knight, and a jack hammer! The first week was the fun holidays, the last week was home renovations which I wouldn't wish on anyone ... concrete work sucks!!! But I do like doing something like that during holidays because it reminds me how great radio is!!




I know it was two weeks ago but I gotta talk about the Kid Rock Show in Saskatoon!! If there is a guy that knows how to entertain .. its Kid Rock!! Great show, great surprises, and great seats made for a ... well ... great show!!

















There's Kid Rock ... and a quarter of my head!!



















There he is again!! And the beak of my hat made that shot!
















There we go ... a 3/4 face shot with the Kid!!


Not only was his stage wicked, the band was awesome, The Rev from Run DMC joined him for about 5 songs including "walk this way" ... plus I've never witnessed a rock star change outfits 3 times during a set... yes, Britney Spears did that in her prime, but a Rockstar??? It may sound a bit feminine but the outfit changes were a good choice!!

Now for my cool concert story! I'm sure this is the same for everyone, but every time I go to a show, I always come out with a great story. This one had to do with the guitar player. If you look at those pictures, you can see that we were sitting on the side of the stage where they had a little walk way that went out into the crowd. Kid Rock only used it a couple times ... but their guitar player, Jason Krause, was up there a lot!! At one point he saw me there staring with awe, and threw me a pick!!! Unfortunately it was dark, I wasn't expecting him to throw it at me, and it hit me in the chest and hit the floor!! I was devastated. The good news is, he saw what happened, got another pick, I held out my hand, and he gently placed it in my palm. It was actually quite funny when you think about it. I did end up finding the other pick I dropped and gave it to my friend Angie, by the way ... thanks to Angie for the tickets ... nothing like going to a concert with your 8 month pregnant friend!!

Bottom line ... if you copped out of the Kid Rock show ... you missed a good one!

No comments: