Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Vegas Flop

The question I should have been asking a week before the Christmas Vegas Vacation was ... "What can a guy do in a 24 hr span while visiting sin city?"

The 3 day 4 night expedition down to the states turned into a 24 hr affair after our flight was canceled two days in a row due to fog and then a freak rain storm in Great Falls, Montana. By the time our plane finally landed in Vegas ... we literally had 24 hrs before we had to be back at the airport.

What else could possibly go wrong after something like that ... well ... Let me list them for you!

  • It was so windy in Vegas, they shut down the Belaggio fountain due to the fact they would have soaked most of the strip had they went on with it.

  • New York, New Yorks roller coaster was shut down due to wind.

  • The only think I felt I had to attend was the Tournament of Kings at the Excaliber (medieval feast)... except the only night we were in town, was the only night it didn't play.

  • Our room at the Luxor got given away due to the canceled flights ... so instead of having awesome rooms in the pyramid ... we stayed in the East tower. It was alright ... just not as awesome as the actual pyramid.

  • We wanted to hit up a club ... but most of them were closed .. it was Tuesday.

  • I spoke of the wind ... well it made it so cold ... we couldn't even walk outside. I'm not kidding. At one point my hat flew off my head into oncoming traffic! Luckily my crazy woman is crazy ... and ran out to save it!
All we could do was laugh. It seemed everything we tried to do got ruined. But it could have been worse ... we could have been in a plane that was trying to be hijacked.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That sounds like a horrible trip...but way to look @ the bright side. Do you @ least get reimbursed for anything?! Robyn

It's Me! said...

Huh...so I guess this means you weren't able to take any notes for me on what was good/bad for my trip in April. Thanks for nothing!

The Eagles Breakfast said...

This might just be something I thought was awesome ... but the Hard Rock Cafe is the largest one in the world and it has a massive screen you can just touch and learn about different bands .. cost them a million dollars to install and it is unbelievable!! ... thats all I got to see ... just the screen .. that it!