Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Premier

The Premier of Saskatchewan, Brad Wall, called in this morning after Jon and I were yappin about the 13.5 mill The Great Plains College is getting and the new roofs several of our schools will receive because of the 142 million being dispersed among 102 schools in the province! The conversation went something like this ...

Chance: " The Comp will be getting a new roof ..."
Jon: "But where will all the Seagulls hang out? There must be a Seagull Re-location fund!!"
Chance: "I guess that will be one of our hard hitting questions next time the Premier is on the show ... which by the way has been a long time!!"
Jon: "Yeah, its way over do!!"

(cue the Premier phoning in)

Premier Wall: "There will not be a Seagull relocation fund!"

It's always great to hear from the Premier of the Province! Mainly because its just cool to know he listens to the Eagle when in town, and second, it makes me feel better to know the guy running our province loves AC/DC!!

There is one bad thing about the Premier calling though. Every time he calls, I'm never sure how to address him. Do I call him Mr Wall, Premier Wall, Brad ... I don't want to sound disrespectful, but at the same time, I've always known him as Brad ... that cool guy that does politics and lives in our city! I'm sure he doesn't mind people calling him by his first name, in fact I'm certain he prefers it ... but I think from now on I'll just stick to Premier Wall!


After we got off the phone with Premier Wall, we were just talking about movies and Jon came up with this comparison ...

Jon: " You know in Independence Day when the President gets in that jet and goes to battle with the Aliens ... that's like Brad. He's just that type of guy!"

Ha Ha, I thought it was a solid comparison ... and now that I look at the picture ... they kind of look alike!!

You can listen to the whole thing on our Facebook Group .... search "The Breakfast Boys" and you'll find it!

No comments: