Monday, February 23, 2009

Millionaire ....

There's two things that need to be addressed this morning ... both negative and to do with the word millionaire. I think point form is best ....

1: Slumdog Millionaire



Is anybody surprised this was the Best Film of 2008 at this years Academy Awards? Not really ... here's the formula for the Academy, it's one question ... has anybody seen this movie? If the answer is no ... they win all the awards.

At the beginning I thought it was a good idea to watch the whole thing ... 4 hours later I hated my life!! There were 4 awards worth watching ... supporting actor and actress ... best actor or actress .... the rest was a bunch of grubby guys winning for best sound editing, or the most awesome dude with greasy hair awards.

Don't get me wrong ... I like Hugh Jackman ... I mean the guy is Wolverine ... but he was horrible as host. By far the worst I've seen in years past. But how can you expect much from him after seeing Jon Stewart, Ellen Degeneres, Billy Crystal, Steve Martin, or even Chris Rock host in previous years.

There was another bright spot .... Heath Ledger won Best Male Supporting Actor for being the craziest son of a *&%$@ I've ever witnessed in a movie!! He was the only one who really deserved his award for "The Dark Knight" ... plus ... the guy died for crying out loud ... give him an award dammit!

On a side note ... did you know Mickey Rourke used to be a big deal?

On another side note ... Jessica Biel ... What the hell?




2: 50.3 million

The 649 got to 50.3 million dollars over the weekend ... did you get your ticket? Sorry about your luck if you did because the winners were from Ontario and Quebec .... 3 from Ontario ... 1 from Quebec ... who will all get 12.5 million. Second place will get 4.5 million and then there's 20 other cash prizes that will be given out worth 224 thousand!

I hate hearing about Ontario or Quebec winning anything ... BOOOOOO!! I want someone from Western Canada to win ... I would even prefer someone from Manitoba winning .... and thats saying a lot to how much I hate Ontario and Quebec!!

It's fun to think about what you would do with that kind of money though isn't it? I don't think I would quit my job ... but I would do some travelling ... buy a mansion .... than hire a staff of writers to make our morning show the most hilarious thing in Canada .... not that it's not already.

No comments: