Friday, January 30, 2009

Marley ... that darn dog!


How cute is that dog? The cutest ever... that's the answer to that question. Which is why I cried like a little girl when I watched Marley and Me the other night with the Ms's. Honestly ... I don't want to ruin the ending ... but the dog dies. That cute little son of a gun does not make it. His cute little snout, his crazy dog demeanor, his out of this world personality ... gone. You would cry too if you watched it ... its super sad.

Now with that said, its probably one of the better movies of the year ... the show has a ton of hilarious scenes in it ... like when they're taking him to get snipped ... the dog jumps out the window, Owen Wilson catches his back end before he gets away, and while Jennifer Aniston continues to drive, Marley is running with his two feet on the pavement while Owen Wilson holds his bum ... ha ha ... super funny.

I just have to warn you though .. the ending is a tough one to take ... I cried ... I cried a lot ... and I'm a man, like a manly man. Like I'm pretty much the manliest man you could find ... I love watching football and eating nachos, I enjoy making fun of crappy pop music, and I am always burping and farting and finding new areas to scratch. Just the other day in fact, I got hit in the face with a puck while playing hockey at Rotary park and I didn't even bleed ... that's how much of a man I am. But .. I still balled like a baby at the end of Marley and Me. Be careful is all I'm saying.

On a side not ...while crying at the end of the movie ... I could understand why Owen Wilson tried to commit suicide in real life at the end of shooting that movie ... I mean ... the dog dies .... it's very depressing.

I also found out a weird thing about human beings. Do you ever see people crying like that when people are killed? No, no you don't. I don't remember anyone crying after 300 .. or Lord of the Rings, or Pulp Fiction ... but I think everyone in the Cinema Twin cried after Marley died. In fact ... two days after watching Marley and Me, I decided to check out a movie called Shoot em Up ... I bet there were 350 people killed in that movie, and I didn't even think about crying once! Show me a dog that dies of old age though ... and the flood gates open.

The Human Race is weird ...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me, my sister, and my friend were all sitting in the theatre with watery eyes and noses. I was smart enough to bring tissue. Then my sister started to sob and I laughed.
The book is even sadder. I bawled through the last four chapters or so.

Angela said...

Great Blog Chance!

I haven't seen the movie yet, but the book was sad. I cry during cute commercials, so if you bawled and your a manly man I almost don't want to see the movie!

My dog looks identical to Marley except she's a girl....acts like Marley in alot of ways too!!

The Eagles Breakfast said...

Thanks Ang!

Don't let my sobing stop you from seeing the movie!! Its more funny than anything.

Your pooch does look like Marley! I've seen pictures ... super cute.

It's Me! said...

The book was definitely a tear jerker. Big time. And I knew what was coming!
Theory: the reason people cry when dogs die and not people, is because dogs never have a hidden agenda, they're never out to screw someone over. They are totally loyal and zen. Think about it: a dog's usual state is Happy. When they get a chew toy they become Very Happy. If there is a treat involved it's Very Very Happy. The only times they're sad is when they feel like they've let you down. How could you possibly NOT feel sad to see such a pleasant, happy, devoted, selfless animal die? You'd have to be a robot. Because Robots don't have dogs.