Monday, January 26, 2009

Copyright Infringement

The anticipation for this post, I'm sure, is monumental. "Gee Whiz! Copyright Infringement!! That sounds so educational!! I can't wait to read it!! Get over here kids .. Chance is about to educate us on Copyright Infringement!!!!" .... I bet that's what went down when you read the title of this blog.

January has been an all time low in my blogging life. I've compiled two posts since the 1st of the month ... this will be number three. Technically I haven't even done that many!! Let me explain ...

Jon was reading my last post and brought something to my attention .... take a look at what he had on his blog about the Radio Industry ...



It isn't hard work by any means... I've done hard work. Radio isn't hard. Don't let anyone ever convince you it is. Stressful yes, and lots of hours at times, but hard? No.


I always wonder why people leave this business because they think the grass is greener. Nine times out of ten they're back on the station's doorstep looking to get their old gig back.


The pay could be better. But, it is what you make it.

I digress....



That was from Jons Blog, jonkeen.blogspot.com, posted Jan 19th ... now here's an excerpt from this blog Jan 21st ...

People who are in radio tend to be bitter about how much they get paid. Here's what I have to say to them ... you have the best job in the world. You don't have to do manual labour, you have an opportunity everyday to make someone laugh or smile, and yes, the pay may not be that unbelievable ... but the perks of the job (all inclusive trip to Jamaica) seem to out weigh all the other crap.

I digress ...

Apparently Jon is pursuing legal action and will be talking to his lawyers on grounds of Copyright Infringement. I will fight this to the death!

***********

Minus 42. That's what Swift Current woke up to this morning ... stupid wind chill. But here at the radio we like to look at the upside of things ... some schools were closed, some buses got canceled, and as Bryan said this morning when he phoned in to win some Cold FX ... "we got shut down this morning, its a beer windchill!!! (rather than beer clouds ... following along??)

Only in Canada will you see a temp of minus 42 Monday ... and by Friday ... have plus 3 for a high! It's a great country isn't it? Keeps life interesting if anything!

No comments: