Monday, December 1, 2008

Christmas

Its December 1st. Anyone who has decorations up right now should be ashamed of themselves. Don't you know the rules? No Christmas decorations till its December. That's the rule. I didn't make up the rule, its just the rule. Abide by it. It's for your own good. It's to protect you from looking ridiculous when there's still 5 days to Halloween and you've already got the blow up Santa on your lawn. You don't really want to be the guy with the blow up Santa on your lawn when its October 19th do you? Do you?! I mean, its safe to put the blow up Santa up now because it's December 1st, but if you have it up already, that means you broke the rule, you put the blow up Santa on your lawn before December, and you oughta be ashamed of yourself!!

Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas decorations. Lights, trees, blow up Santas ... they're all great! Just don't make me look at them for more than the allotted time!!!

This is the first year I own a house for the Christmas season. I thought to myself, "Chance, you should put some Christmas decorations up. " Obviously I would have to wait until the December 1st rule to put them up, but I was thinking about this around November 25th. Unfortunately, my thoughts for Christmas lights went down the drain when I noticed my 80 year old neighbour Grizzwalling her house ! How can I compete with that? She's been buying Christmas lights for a good 60 years longer than I've been alive!!!

What was I going to do? I wasn't going to try and compete against her and her lights! But I did go over there on November 14th to tell her to SMARTEN UP! I yelled ... " MARG! YOU ARE TWO WEEKS TO EARLY TO BE PUTTING UP A BLOW UP SANTA!! DAMN YOU MARG!! DAMN YOU!! She didn't hear me ... she's 80!

We really are in the Christmas season now, and to be totally serious for a moment, its a season where you should be thinking of others. Sure its about the presents, the food, the decorations and the presents .. but its also a time to help others who may not have it as good as you do. There are a ton of ways to do it. The Salvation Army is a good place to start. Volunteer, donate ... do anything you can to make some one's Christmas as good as you know yours will be ... it'll be better than any present you get .... unless you get an I- phone ... THOSE ARE SOOO AWESOME!

**************

Scientists have found chunks of the meteorite that blew up in the sky a couple weeks ago. People reported seeing it all the way from Yorkton to Fort Mac to Edmonton and here in Swift. In fact, some were convinced it landed behind the Swift Current Mall! The meteorite chunks were found about 40 kms south of Lloydminster in Saskatchewan and could lead to Scientists discovering a lot of things about our solar system. Check out the video of it originally coming down .....


No comments: