Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Remembrance Day

Usually I come away from Remembrance Day thinking ... "I don't think people did enough to remember our fallen heroes," or "The Ceremonies could have been better."
That was not the case after yesterdays Bronco game. The Bronco's staff should feel awesome about the job they did before the Broncos lost to the Calgary Hitmen. They had Travis Steinly and the Mudflaps sing a Tim Mcgraw song that was very fitting for Remembrance Day ... and it sounded good! I hate Country music, so that's a stretch for me to say. Then they had a moment of silence, and a couple Veterans on the Red Carpet for the ceremonial puck drop ... and then they stayed on the ice for the National Anthem. All I have to say is ... great job you guys ... great job.

*****************

A call Friday morning got me thinking about radio in general. Basically, a listener was mad that I talked in between songs. Before we started those song I had said something along the lines of ... "40 minutes without a commercial." He was angry because I was talking in between songs, therefore advertising our station. I was kind of surprised by the whole thing. I had never heard anybody angry about the DJ saying the names of the artists before. Here's how it went ...

LISTEN

Does it make you angry when we say what station your listening too?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not gonna lie, you're station name, twice after that call, MADE that break. I like to know what I'm listening too, keep on keepin' on.