Thursday, November 6, 2008

Music Adds

Here's how a typical Wednesday goes. Start the morning show at 6 ... end at 10 .. and then head upstairs to have a music meeting with Ryan my boss. We basicaly just look over the new music and decide what we're going to play and what we're not going to play. This usually creates an argument about which songs we should or shouldn't add, kind of like a few weeks ago.

I don't know if you've heard, but Nickelback is coming out with a new album November 18th called Dark Horse. When they released their first single I realized it was going to be the candid terrible, slow, love song that would chart on every radio station known to man ... its just how they roll in the Nickelback camp. This started an argument, Ryan thought we should play it and I thought it was a bit sappy for The Eagle. In the end the Boss had the final say and "Gotta Be Somebody" got thrown in the Eagle music library.

Here's where the story gets good ... when I saw I wasn't going to win this musical battle I put a disclaimer on the new Nickelback song. I told Ryan, (the boss), that if we were going to add this sappy Nickelback song to the Eagle, we had to add their next single no matter how it did on the charts. It made logical sense to me because I knew they would have a crazy rock song to release at some point. Well Ryan agreed ..."Chance, you add 'gotta be somebody' and I'll let you add the next Nickelback single as soon as they release it."

Well .. they released their next single earlier this week .. it's called "Something in Your Mouth" ... enjoy, I know I will when it plays four times a day on the Eagle!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the song...I'm guessing this won't be playing on the Eagle??

The Eagles Breakfast said...

Oh yes it will be, Switzer promised!