Monday, November 24, 2008

The Busy Season

Its safe to say November and December are the busiest months in radio. How can I tell? Well let me list off the amount of things we gave away this morning:

6:15 - Row of Rich's for 60 bucks

6:45 - Kevin Thorn Action Figure for Rock N Wrestling

7:15 - Row of Rich's for 80 bucks

7:45 - Birthday cake

7:50 - Tickets to Men Without Shame

8:10 - Qualifying for an All inclusive trip to Jamaica

9:20 - Mandatory Metallica - Qualifying for a trip to Calgary to see Metallica.

I get asked this question quite a bit, "What keeps you in radio?" I never really knew how to answer it fully. I would always say, "well I get up in the morning and don't hate going to work, that's why I do it." But now I know why I love radio so much ... its giving away free stuff !! How much fun is it to see the look on some one's face when they win a trip to Sandals Jamaica !!! A lot of fun .. that's the answer to that question!

The Jamaican Jet will be flying by every now and then over the next few weeks .. its the only way to qualify for the Eagle Incredible Journey: Sandals Jamaica.

**************

I'm sure people pull pranks on their co-workers all the time. It's no different here. I like to send e-mails from other peoples e-mail accounts when they accidentally leave them open. Usually, its an e-mail to our boss telling him how much they love him and how they want to take the relationship to the next level. Which might not seem all that funny, but when the e-mail is usually from a guy to our boss, who is also a guy, it becomes a lot more funny. Lets just say it's been a really good run of messing with people.

Unfortunately, they've caught on and have discovered my e-mail open on several occasions. To those people, I have two things to say, one: Get your own prank you non witty #@$#@% and two: This is my prank ... I will get the last laugh.

*************

Check out the poll ... it has to do with the Eagle Incredible Journey ... pretty straight forward and I think I know which one will win, but give it a look anyway.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sucks when your prank backfires on ya hey? Hahaha!

The Eagles Breakfast said...

Not really, I know in the end I will win this battle.

Sean said...

Your Prank??? Sorry buddy, thats not a new or original one. You do it very well though.

The Eagles Breakfast said...

Oh its my prank and yes I did invent it ... I think I'm the first ever to do it. In fact, I'm probably the only person in history to do such a prank. 100% my idea. Until you can prove me wrong .... its my prank and I'm the only one who has ever done it.