Monday, October 20, 2008

Money Well Spent


Today is a celebration. A celebration for the ages. A celebration that shall extend into the late night and well into the new year. A celebration of the greatest rock n' roll band in the world putting out their first album since Stiff Upper Lip ! I call this celebration ....

THE BLACK ICE CELEBRATION !!!!

Give me a break ... I'm not about to sit here for half an hour thinking of something witty to call it ... way to much work.

ACDC's new album comes 8 years after their last one in 2000. I can remember exactly what I was doing when Stiff Upper lip hit shelves ... I was in grade 10, we just got out of school ... I was riding in Chris Durell's truck down main street in Central Butte Saskatchewan and "stiff upper lip" was pumping through his massive stereo ... people walking on the street could probably only here the bass ... it was way to loud ... and I loved it!!!

Usually new albums will drop on a Tuesday, but it seems lately that bands are opting out of releasing their new collection on the same ol day. Metallica, for example, just released "Death Magnetic" on a Friday. The other weird thing about Black Ice is it will only be sold by Wal Mart ... which is kind of a lie. That's just happening in the US ... Wal Mart has promised ACDC that they will sell at least 2.5 million copies of Black Ice, which is why it's being sold exclusively through the store. Up here, you'll be able to buy it anywhere and everywhere. I wouldn't be surprised to see it in Safeway ... or Humpty's (apparently they sell shirts now, so anything is possible)

I've had the opportunity to listen to the whole album and lets just say, you will not be disappointed ... it sounds exactly the way it should ... like an ACDC album!!!


No comments: