Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Randoms ...

This has absolutely nothing to do with how I voted last night nor am I trying to pretend like I know anything about politics ... but wasn't last nights election useless? There's not a new Gov't ... there's not a majority Gov't ... and David L. Anderson is still our guy. What has changed? Nothing, that's the answer. I can think of one word to sum it up ... Useless.

******

The CFL just announced that Theory of a Deadman is going to play the half time show for the Grey Cup in Montreal. I think my response was the same as everyone else in this country ... yes they're good ... but are they Grey Cup half time show good? The answer to that question is no .. they're not. Don't get me wrong .. they're a rock solid band ... "She likes to shake her A**, she grinds it to the beat!" Whoever comes up with lyrics like that knows how to rock ... but in the past the CFL has booked larger acts. Bryan Adams, The Tragically Hip, Lenny Kravitz! Theory of a Deadman still plays clubs for crying out loud ... at least get someone who can sell out arena's!!

Actually I had a funny conversation about Theory of a Deadman the other day ... it was with one of my buddies. It went kinda like this ...

Buddy: "what do you think of that new Nickelback song?"
Chance: "You mean that crappy one off of Dark Horse that sounds like a boy band? I think it's terrible!"
Buddy: "No the one where he's talking about his girlfriend shaking her ....."
Chance: " ..... ohhhhh ... you mean Theory of a Deadman, Bad Girlfriend!"

It was confusing ... but then again .. so is trying to figure out the difference between Nickelback and Theory of a Deadman at times!

******

We added two songs to the Eagle play list last week that I think was ... daring. The only reason I say that is because they aren't big name bands ... and they both sound a little different from the music you'll normally hear on the station. The one is Kings of Leon - "Sex on Fire" ... which I would call a lack luster song ... and the other is Rise Against - Re- Education (through labor) ... an unbelievably great song ... but it's pretty heavy compared to the norm.

What does this mean? Not much really ... I just like talking about music.

******

This is a great time of year to be in radio. There are times where I get to work and think ... "What am I going to talk about today?" I'll be the first to admit .. sometimes it gets kinda slow in the biz!! But right now ... I can't find enough time in a day to talk about what needs to be talked about. The Bronco's are awesome ... The Riders are being controversial as usual ... Christmas is coming quick ... we've got all sorts of contests going on ... there was a federal election last night.... its crazy, in a good way!

****

Vote on the poll I got going. It's about the Grey Cup half time show.

No comments: