Thursday, October 30, 2008

Inside Info

Remember these guys? I do. It was Swift Currents first real rock show! Default and Mobile played the Credit Union I-Plex to start the summer off and it was GRAND.


Around that time I got to meet the guy who was responsible for bringing those two bands to Swift Current. He's a concert promoter from Saskatoon who runs the Roxy on Broad which is a rock bar ... they have shows there all the time. One of the conversations we had before the show, had to do with some of the other acts that could possibly come through town over the next year.

Keep in mind all of this was just speculation at the time, but a few bands he threw out there were Seether and Three Days Grace. That conversation lead to one that just recently caught my attention a little more than usual. I remember him mentioning something about Collective Soul maybe playing here shortly after New Years. Well yesterday I found out they're going to be at the Prarieland in Saskatoon for the New Years Eve Party!! Could that possibly mean Collective Soul will be the next big name to come to Swift Current? I guess we'll find out ... until something is officially announced ... its all just speculation!!

****************

I need to give a shout out to people who work two jobs. I don't know how you do it. Over the last couple weeks I've been helping my brother side the Morse Town Hall. Here's what my schedule has been like ....

4:15 AM - alarm

6:00 AM - start morning show

12:30 PM - Done @ work

1:00 PM - Drive to Morse, Side all day long

9:00 PM - Drive home, Go to bed

(Repeat)


Being from Riverhurst, a small farming community, where I used to work 17 hour days at the Potato Barns ... you would think this would be no problem. But apparently I just can't hack it ... I have been dragging a** lately and I've come to the conclusion that in my old age I've turned into a softy! I guess 3 years of radio has beaten the farm kid out of me!

Anyway ... I just wanted to say this to those people who work two jobs or just work extremely long hours ... your amazing ... you are twice the man I am ... and if your a woman ... your still twice the man I am.

*******

The last poll ended with 80% saying Chinese Democracy will come out November 23rd. 10% said maybe ... 10% said HA HA HA.

I changed the question .. its about the Broncos ... hope you check it out.

No comments: