Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Its another countdown ...

I think you would agree with me that count downs are probably worse than seeing someone in spandex that shouldn't be wearing spandex ... you know what I'm talking about. Everyone seems to have a countdown now a days .... 39 days left ... 38 days left ... 37 days till day 0 .... SHUT UP!! Count downs are terrible!! How old are you anyway, 12? Only 12 year olds do count downs!!

Now that I got that off my chest ... it's time for a count down!! Only 3 more sleeps till one of the biggest events of the summer hits Swifty. Our reputation is hinged on two events ... one of them is Frontier Days, and the other is The Street Dance! Those are the only two things my friends will come to town for ... well that and the Big I!!

Beverages, Bands, and Burgers ... and in that order!! Have fun at the Street Dance ... its the one time of year you literally run into everyone from Swift Current on the same street!!

* * * * * * *

Just a quick rant about Flag Football. The season started last night. Its a new season .... there are many rule changes ... there are new gadgets ... and for the first time in my flag football career ... we are playing without the River Boat Gambler .. Jimmy McGee!!! ( I know I probably spelt it wrong )

After last nights game, I realize that the new rule changes suck!! Spinning, jumping, laterals, sweeps ... it just wasn't meant to be that way!! Regardless, all the teams have to play with the same rules. Good Luck to all ... and as for the Riverboat Gambler, he will be missed!!

No comments: