Friday, August 22, 2008

HNIC Anthems

This whole Hockey Night In Canada Anthem Challenge was a good idea for CBC ... kind of. It could have gone a couple ways ... they could have started this contest and got 5 entries or they could have got thousands which is the way it seems to be going. The downside of this contest ... What if the thousands of entries really suck!!? What are they going to do ... not give away 100,000 dollars? I don't think that's possible, they've promoted it to much not to give the money away ... which makes me think the next Hockey Night In Canada Theme song is going to blow!

Still, even if it does, it's been great publicity for CBC. It's showing that their trying to be hip and cool, moving away from tradition so to speak. So does that mean Bob Cole will retire ... I doubt it, he'll probably die while mis pronouncing some Czech players name.

I've been trying to link some of the worst entries but it doesn't want to work for me .... just go to the CBC website and check out the Acapella area of the Anthem Challenge!! All I can say is ... horrific.

We've been trying to get our Facebook Group "The Breakfast Boys" to 1000 before the end of summer ... and after 2 months ... we're at 507! Unfortunately, it looks like we're going to come up a little short, which is bad news for us because the deal was, we had to get 1000 friends by the end of summer to keep our jobs! No, we weren't telling the truth. I think the only way we could get fired is by dropping an F bomb on the radio ... which seems to happen every now and then ... not so much on our show ... but on random occasions.

Its suppose to be 35 degrees today ... which means the air conditioner will be running at full capacity ... 21 degrees ... that's what makes my heart sing. I know, David Suzuki will be hurling invective at me from his green household ... all I have to say to him ... Shut up Dave ... its plus 35!!

No comments: