Thursday, July 23, 2009

Surprising? ... not really.



I realize this blog is becoming a miniature version of CNN. Is it because I love CNN? Probably not. Do I embed so many CNN videos cause it's an easy way of blogging? Yes.

You don't really have to watch every minute of this 10 minute story to realize the point their trying to get across. You actually only have to watch the first 30 seconds. In that 30 seconds they say that drivers using a cell phone are 4 times more likely to get in an accident than a drunk driver.

Drunk driving is not cool. But neither is being on the phone and driving.

Let's be honest, how many times have you got mad at a dude driving drunk? Probably never ... its something you don't really broadcast if your doing it.

How many times have you thrown an F-bomb at someone doing something stupid while on the phone driving? At least 2-3 times a day!!

My only question ... If talking on the phone and driving is 4 times more likely to get you in a crash than drunk driving ... what are the odds while texting?

**********************



Is it awkward passing people on the Chinook pathway? Or is it just me?

I was bike riding on there last night ( did the whole pathway in an hour .. no big deal) and had a couple very awkward "hello's" thrown my way. Since when was saying hello to another individual so weird? Can I not say hello to another human being without feeling like I did something wrong?! I even got a couple no responses! Nothing is more awkward than saying hello to someone ... and getting absolutely no response ... not even a smile ... not even a smirk!

To make it worse ... people have to turn around at some point to get back to where they were coming from ... and when that happens .. you often meet the same people twice. For me last night, that meant two awkward moments with everyone I had met the first time.

I thought "well, maybe I'll get a hello this time." Nope ... TWO no responses from at least 3 people!

Next time someone does that to me ... I'm going to stop right in front of them and not move or say a word until they return the hello ... you wanna create an awkward moment?? That will truly be an awkward moment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was on there last night too; didn't see you. I hate the awkward hellos too - it shouldn't be a bad thing to be friendly!

RG