Monday, July 13, 2009

Randoms

This summer has been a busy one for weddings, and not just weddings, but mc'ing them. I've done two so far and have one more next weekend. I don't consider myself an MC extraordinaire. In fact, I don't even think I'm really that good at mc'ing at all!! But I have learnt a few things over the last couple of weeks ... if your confident behind a microphone and you just act like you normally would in everyday situations ... people will enjoy the job that you do. It also helps when you have friends who make a living mc'ing... thanks to Switzy for some tips a couple days in advance of those weddings!!!

If your mc'ing a wedding, here's a freebie that usually goes over well ....

Barrett and Justine … you’re going to make a great married couple … your marriage will be one that others look up to and learn from … I couldn’t be more happier for the two of you … it just felt right today when you got up there and said I do … but I want you both to promise me something … Barrett .. promise me this … that you will do all these things for Justine through your marriage:

-Compliment her-Cuddle her-Kiss her-Caress her-Love her-Tease her-Comfort her-Protect her-Hug her-Hold her-Spend money on her-Wine and dine her-Buy things for her-Listen to her-Care for her-Standby her-Support her-and Go to the ends of the earth for her.

Justine … if Barrett does these things … all that you’ll need to do to keep him happy for the rest of your lives … is Show up naked and bring beer.


I used that at the end of the banquet and it seemed to go over pretty well.

**********************************
Is it weird that this freaked me out ... lady bugs = cute ... millions of lady bugs = Chance Duperreault Freaked OUT!!




No comments: