Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Jason Segel

It's taken a few years to realize it, but this man is by far my favorite actor.

I had an epiphany this weekend that has been in the works since 1998. First of all, what the hell is an epiphany. Its a sudden, intuitive perception of or insight into the reality or essential meaning of something, usually initiated by some simple, homely, or commonplace occurrence or experience of course!! I didn't look at Dictionary.com for that.

This epiphany happened while enjoying the heck out of "I Love You Man" at the Cinema Twin this weekend. Basically, Paul Rudd is getting married and realizes he doesn't have any friends to be in his wedding party so he goes on a mission to find a best man and hilarity ensues. Paul Rudd, Andy Samberg, Jamie Pressly, Jon Favreu ... its a pretty stellar line up.

What I came to realize Saturday night, is that every movie that Jason Segel has been in ... I've laughed so hard that I've cried ... every one of them.

The first movie I ever saw with him was "Dead Man on Campus" in 1998. Sure his role was very insignificant, but with Zack from Saved by the Bell and some other dude as the main characters, it was a solid movie. Jason (we're on a first name basis now) was 18 when this movie came out.

Then came "Slackers." An unbelievable movie where three guys cheat their way all the way through University and than get black mailed by a geek. Jason was the main character in this movie at the age of 22.

Then a 5 year stint where I didn't see anything with him .. but in the last three he has come back with "Knocked up", "Forgetting Sarah Marshal" (possibly the funniest movie of last year), and "I Love You Man." Oh yeah, did I mention he also wrote those three scripts, all before his 30th birthday.

Those five movies are hilarious and you should watch them .... that is if you can put up with some male nudity ... he apparently has no qualms being naked.

**** Mom, look away*****






***************************

The Quest For Kiss is going pretty good. We're now 192nd as of this morning ... keep voting at kissonline.com to bring them to Swift Current ... I know we can do better.

No comments: