Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Eddie!

Legendary guitarist Eddie Van Halen played himself in an episode of "Two and a Half Men"Monday night.

"I was asked to do a cameo for 'Two and a Half Men'. I typically shy away from these requests as I am not an actor, but Charlie Sheen and I are friends and since it was a scene with him, I agreed. Charlie and I had a great time, even though I was very nervous. The cast and crew were a pleasure to work with and helped me feel a little more at ease."

He's still recovering from delicate hand surgery due to a bone spur, a twisted tendon, and a cyst in the joint of his left thumb. He explained that the hand problems first popped up during VAN HALEN's last tour, saying, "During the last leg of our tour, I started developing pain in my thumb and my pinky. I didn't think much of it at the time. It got progressively worse to the point that about three months ago I wasn't able to play at all. My pinky and my thumb were totally locked up and felt like there was something broken."

His acting is stellar! ... he fit right in on the set of Two and A Half Men. (said very sarcastically)

No comments: